vrijdag 4 augustus 2017

Summertime at Schiermonnikoog (little island at the north of Holland)

Me and Mario on Dutch television
Hi folks,
I just came back from the isle of Schiermonnikoog!
A lot has happened up there!
I organized for the 4th time this little nice festival, called SchierSong Fest. This event takes a lot of positive energy, since I only play non commercial and with musicians who love music more then money. All information about this festival you can find here: SchierSong Festival

After a year of hard work, my vacation started two weeks ago at the radio / tv show of Omroep Friesland. Mario came with me.
 I really wanted to play my Duth song "Wietse with you, I'm cycling" just because it's a good song and because it's about my first love on the island of Schiermonnikoog.
 It's a new song, so I was really nervous. But it went well. After that we played also some other songs.
The recording can be viewed and listened here: WIETSE WIETSE! @Omroep Friesland

After that, I traveled to Schiermonnikoog, where I had to work on all preparations to programm the 9 songwriters at different places.
Me and Mario on the terrace of Bootshuis 
That worked out well!I found enough places who wanted to work with me!

Highlight of the festival is Saturday evening and Sunday evening: then we all play three of our own songs at the campsite (Seedune) and on the beach (Pavilion Paal 3). At the campside it'w also an open mic and we had some good musicians there that night! Paal 3 was also really crowded and we had this great jam at the end of the night.
It is so nice that many islanders cooperated wtih me to succes this festival! Especially thanks to Rolald (Berkenplas) Jeppe (Paal 3) and Ronald (camping Seedune) ,  And  the musicians were very good in shape! Without their voluntary contribution this festival couldn't take place. We all had a great time this summer. So next year we will be back for the 5th time!

with my daughter Annika at camping 

Annika singing WIETSE 

Invited by owner Gilles to play on his terrace

House concert with guest cajon player Dennis 

We started outside but then it began to rain....


Paviljoen Paal 3 Sunday night 


When the weekend was over, I was invited to play on the terrace of a hotel where I used to stay when I was ZERO  years ... :))) That's because my mother was born on the island and she took me every summer to Schiermonnikoog.

My Schiermonnikoog holiday is over now . But tomorrow will start a thrilling journey .... I keep my mouth shut ... but I'll keep you posted!
See you soon!
Annette XXX

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate