woensdag 15 januari 2020

Playing in the metro of Paris despite the strike





Hi guys, I was quite worried about playing in the metro of Paris, because I had received an email about something going on but did not really understand what was going on. I had already booked my train ticket, so I travelled to Paris anyway.
As I arrived at Gare du Nord, all metro stations were closed! I went by bus to the hotel, and they told me that some stations are open at certain times. On the site of the ratp you can read daily what is still possible. It's hard to travel because of a big strike in France.
Why do the French strike? It's because the retirement age will be raised from 62 to 64 and there will be a universal retire system. The goverment is convinced of the new plan, but the French don't like it. The strike is going on since December 2019 and it's a mess in Paris. The busses are overcrowded and I could not get from my hotel to Mont Martre because of this strike.

I wasn't sure if I could play in the metro anyway, but the staff of the RATP told me it shouldn't be a problem. I just wanted to play the first chord and then there were already 5 policemen around me! ... but they just wanted to know what kind of songs I was going to play.
You can listen to the songs I play in the video. Mario joined me with his bass and I tried out my new vocal performer.

I hope to be back in Paris next month. First I have to recover from my broken foot (I fell down the stairs).
The show must go on! 
Our next performance is Saturday Jan. 18 in Amsterdam, Maloe Melo. Hope to meet you there again

Love,
Annette





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate