woensdag 18 maart 2020

The Corona virus at school


The Corona virus at school

 I am a musician but  I also work as a teacher at a primary school; my pupils are 11-13 years old. By combating the coronavirus, a lot of people work at home and the schools are closed from Monday.  Monday we had a meeting at school to talk about how we could still provide education. Then we started preparing our lessons. On Tuesday morning, all children were able to collect their books and notebooks between 9 and 12 am and they started working on their homework this morning (Wednesday). We worked hard! I collected all the phone numbers of the children of my class (group 8) and created a group chat. The apps with a ‘goodmorning’ arrived early this morning. At 9 pm the work schedule was sent by the Parro app, a mail to all parents and I also sent the files as images to all kids in the whatsapp group. Some children had some questions, but soon everyone started doing their homework. At the end of the afternoon I received daily reports by email. It is all quite drastic. The whole society upside down. This afternoon I got the message that the  final(cito) test for group 8 is canceled this year. Not everyone is happy with that. Tomorrow morning I will send documents with answers  so that the kids can check their homework. And then they got new homework.I would like to give a lesson online but I did not figure out yet what’s the best way to do this.When I got back home, my daughter, who is in high school, took online lessons by Google Meet.Sounds good. I think that this whole event can lead to a completely different direction in education. I am curious what will happen.  I try to get the most out of it as much as possible.Musically, all performances up to and including April have been canceled. Playing on the street is currently also not done. As a metro musician, I was told by the RAT Paris not to play in the metro.I would go back to Paris in early April to renew my permit, but of course I also had to cancel this trip. Fortunately, the NS reimbursed all costs. So much for the update.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate