zaterdag 27 april 2013

My birthday

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday in a very special way. I invited some friends, but a few days ago I invited also all my neighbors to come over to have a drink and listen to my music. I needed to rehearse with Frankie for a performance at the NDSM-werf at Queensday, and suddenly I got this brilliant idea  that it would be nice to make this rehearsel public. So just a few days ago I invited all my neighbors. Some of them I hardly knew so I didn't know how their reactions were gonna be.   I called the show:  "Beter een Goede Buur dan een Verre Vriend". (which means that sometimes good neighbors can be more important than friends who live far away.)
I didn't think many people would show up because I invited them  just two days earlier and well, not everybody likes music.
 I told them I would give a little concert from 8.30 pm until 9 pm in our little garden, that would be long enough, I thought. But it was cold yesterday and so we decided to play our music inside the house. At 8.15 there were only a few people but then ten mintues later the house became really crowded ! So everybody showed up ! That made me so excited because I  really didn't expect this !  I heard some people saying to each other that it was about time to meet each other and that this was a very nice initiative. I am so happy about this and now I know for sure I got really nice neighbors and I appreciate it so much that they accepted my invitation!

We played our music for almost two hours in stead of half an hour and we had very much fun. Thank you so much for this very special birthday, now I am certain I will invite everybody again next year when I will celebrate my birthday. ! And you, all my dear fans, you will be also very very welcome !























Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate