zaterdag 9 januari 2016

new blogs and next gig

Hi everybody,

I have been working all week as a teacher and a very busy time will start right now. Lots of important tests will start and all that kind, but still the music is going on. Tomorrow I will sing a Dutch song which I wrote for this Dutch songwriter Jos de Rooij from Amsterdam-Noord. He sang the song on his CD but asked me to sing this sing tomorrow somewhere in Amsterdam-Noord (still have to figure out where exactly).
Next week I will sing at Café Het Sluisje, a very nice café near my house. There will be some other songwriters. We will start at 8.30 pm. I will play with Mario on bass and Auke on vibes.
Look at my site for dates and places: www.annettevogel.nl www.annettevogel.nl

What I want to tell you is that I started a new blog, some of you already noticed. It's not a blog about music, but a blog about Being Me. I am very interested in the vision / philosophy of the Advaita Vedanta.
Advaita Vedanta is a school of Hindu philosophy and means not- two, it refers to the idea that the true Self is the same as the hightest Reality. To be honest, I don't understand anything of this definition, given by Wikipedia. I just write about my own experiences, like I do in my songs.
Anyway, if you are interested you can read the English version and the Dutch version right here:
www.absurdenlightenement.blogspot.com
www.absurdverlicht.blogspot.com

Saturday night I will play a little set at Café 't Sluisje (Amsterdam-Noord)  hope to meet you there!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate