zondag 21 oktober 2012

"I don't need words for sex and music"


"I don’t need words for sex and music."
This is what a musician told me this night after I figured out he didn't speak a word Dutch but he understood what I was doing with my music.  I must admit, sometimes sex and music are very are similar to each other. I mean, sometimes when I play I can be pretty tensed about my singing out of tune, but also sometimes I go with the flow and just loose myself in this flow. Me, as a witness of myself, feels sometimes like speed flowing in a river to the ocean. 

My experiences are depending on my moods. My manic swinging moods take me to high mountains and deep valleys. Today I was on a mountain. I was still tired of yesterday but we just  carried on by recording the song “By My Side”. It took me the whole weekend and I really love Danielle and Frank:  they put their energy in this job and they did really a good thing ! Finally Mick passed by and he proposed to play the bass and we liked what he was doing, so now I think we did a good job after taking many tracks.
Danielle is a very special person to me, somehow she gives me a feeling of freedom. Frank, the engineer,  is the most sweetest guy with all his patience and tolerating the whims of two women. 

The song ‘By My Side’is  a song about lost. Actually I wrote it for a mother who lost her daughter by an accident. She was sitting in the sleepingroom of her daughter and she was crying every night while she hold the  teddy bear of her child. But somehow she felt her daughter was with her all the time.

I really like the way Charlie Silvestri described this song when he  turned the song on the radio: he called it ‘the song of Hope’. Well, although, I am sometimes a bit out of tune, I think we did a good job by recording this song. Soon I will give you the link so you can listen to it.

After the recording I went to café Lijn 10 and there I met Steve and some other people I met before at that café. I played some of my songs and I was really surprised about the bassplayer and the Italian guitarist who played with me: they followed me despite the chordschemes and sometimes weird measurechanges, and I really had a good time. 
Somehow I got over my depression, and I really liked to meet the people who were playing there. Actually, I already met the bassplayer on Facebook, but this I realized when I asked how he was called. Then he said we already met because I asked him to come over and play at a SWAN night at November 7.
Some girl was celebrating her birthday tonight and she made really good vegetarian soup and I got some cake and soup and I drank some wine and I listened to the other musicians.
Tomorrow I will play at Zaal 100 in Amsterdam, I hope I will be still on the mountain, ‘cause I can never tell where moods will bring me.
Anyway, for now I look forward to it ! 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate