zondag 28 oktober 2012

'What do you want ?'

I just woke up and thank god it's just only 10 am. I mean, my alarm clock said it was 11 am but here in Holland we put the time one hour back in time last night. Summertime has come to an end. Apparently I was very tired because I never sleep that long. Yesterday Manuel, a guitarist from Groningen came over to make some recordings. I've been playing with him before, but that's a long time ago. I like the sound of his guitar a lot and I love the way Manuel playes. I sent him some mp3 recordings so he could listen and try out something. He knows some songs of mine because I wrote them long time ago and I only rewrote them a little bit.
It was not difficult for him to record his guitar, but sometimes he asked me: "What do you want ? " And you know something... I have no idea. I don't have an example because I don't listen to music a lot. I mean, I like Jimi Hendrix, Coltrane, Dire Straits, Clearwater Revival and more of those old or dead men. If I could I would be a rocksinger, but my voice won't allow me that.I've got a voice which is very limited to folk. After recording 5 of my songs Manuel and Frank (engineer) got really tired and so we quit much earlier than I expected. Manuel and I went to the centre of Amsterdam to drink some coffee, beer and we had dinner together in café Skek (where I played a few months ago).Manuel told me what he thought about my music and he gave me some advice how to go on. The most important thing I think is to look for what sound I like in my music. That will make it more clear for musicians I work with. (I like to play with musicians who have their own ideas so they can work that out unlimited.) But we'll see. For now I am still looking for a percussionist. I can use the recordings as demos and for musicians who like to play with me. Manuel left to Groningen, Groningen is 200 km away so I can't play with him, he lives too far away. And we both want to rehearse a lot if we are in a band together and this is not possible because of the distance. Because of this I was looking for a guitarist who is living in Amsterdam and now I hope I found this guitarist in Frank the engineer. We haven't play together yet so we have to try it out and he also told me he wasn't sure about the time he has for rehearsels and performances. If you wanna hear his sound you can listen to: http://soundcloud.com/annette-vogel/igip-20121104-met

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate