zondag 7 oktober 2012

SWAN Songwriters Amsterdam Noord

Last Thursday me and Bruno organized a SWANnight in the Noorderparkkamer in Amsterdam Noord.
I must say, everytime I am really surprised what's happening up there. The Noorderparkkamer is a very special place. You can find this building in the middle of a park next to a channel. It's pretty dark out there, but you can easily find the location by the shining lights. The atmosphere is in the night very spiritual. The Noorderparkkamer is a subsidized project runned by Amsterdam municipality. They offered us to use this location for open mics for singersongwriters.  Marjolijn works for the Noorderparkkamer and she is the one who helps us to manage things go well. Because it's in the middle of a park and it's dark we also got a nice strong guy, Daan,  who helps us to keep the place safe and cozy.
Daan en Marjolijn

This time I had help from Ellen, she did the dranks. I am very grateful to her, she did a good job !

The musicians were as usual great ! You can read all about it on my other blog: 

Me myself I played with good old Frankie again. He came along despite the pain in his back and he played very well. I really love him a lot ! 

This picture I really like. It's from some guy called Ron Goudie and he got this really amazing sound from this little sweety. It's funny how he just put the cable in it at the time  I took the picture.
Next SWANnight will be on November 7 and I hope there will me a lot of musicians.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate