woensdag 17 oktober 2012

What's going on ?

Hey guys !

What's the problem with Amsterdam ? I spoke some people who hate to play in Amsterdam. Yes, they're right, Amsterdam is not that easy to play. But I don't really give a shit ( most of times). If you are a musician, Holland is a small world...
I just told myself I am a singersongwriter because I need some identification with SOMETHING but what am I really ? My soul sounds like an echo of nothingless, deep inside I know who I am...

People tell me I need some singinglessons, I need some guitarlessons, I need this and I need that. Just relax, man, I am a woman with hanging tits, grey hair and I know what's life about.
My ambitions go no further then to express myself.
But, to be honest, there is more than that...
I started to sing and play the guitar because Dana, an old friend of mine, told me it's a way of giving. First I did not believe in this and I told him this. Than I looked at his face and the expression of his face told me that he thought I am able to give something with my music. So I started thinking about this.  I didn't believe people who make music do this because of some noble reasons. I believe it's an ego thing. And really, that's no problem, because giving and receiving are both matters of the ego. But a year ago I thought: maybe he is right. Maybe it's important 'to give'.
Now a few weeks ago I sang my song Irish Girl in Paris. A woman came to me and she told me she was touched by this song because this song reminded her of her daughter. Now I ask myself : did I give her something ? Something good ? Are sad emotions something good ?
Okay, I gave something, but I got no idea. Do I have to give fun with my music ? Some people start to dance ( a little bit). Do I give this to them ? To have a good time ?
What the hell ! Do I really care ? I think it's all an illusion. What's going on ?
 And all those people on Facebook who ask me to like them..."please LIKE ME" .... and you know what I did ? I did the fucking same ! I sent some people a message with the question to like me. So I just go with the flow... What's going on ? 





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate