zaterdag 15 december 2012

Suffering from schizophrenia


I just came back from a gig in café Langereis. It was a great gig but first I need to write something about my song 'Schizophrenia'.  Now this is the question people often ask me after they listened to my song Schizophrenia: "Do you suffer from schizophrenia ?"
And I am so lucky that I can tell people I barely escaped from this complicated disease. Yes, I do have experiences with psychoses and for this case I am also lucky that I didn't do drugs and alcohol. There has been research into the use of cannabis and schizophrenia in 1987: more than 45000 Swedish recruits were asked how much drugs they were using.These data were linked to subsequent hospital admissions related to schizophrenia.
 The result was shocking: the boys who had used cannabis more than once in their lifetime at the time of the inspection service, had more chance to suffer from schizophrenia. The chance is  two and a half times larger compared to those who previously or ever had used only once. Indeed, the risk of schizophrenia was found to increase with the frequency of cannabis use.  If I had used drugs I would have blowed up my synesthetical mind completely.
Since I have been suffering from any bipolar disorder you can think of, I spent half of my life trying to understand what's really going. As a busker I met many drunks, whores, psychiatric patients and all kind of people living on the street.  I've seen a lot of things happening in  mental institutions and as a teacher I often  see how children have to grow up under very difficult circumstances.
These days I understand what's happening in a psychose and I understand what's happening if you feel totally lost.
I can understand this because I am aware of what I really am. Now this may sound a bit  surprising or implausible but this is what I say: what I really am is consiousness.

The song Schizophrenia is one of my favorite songs. It's a protestsong against the use of the isolation cells they still use here in the Netherlands. It's a protestsong against the misunderstanding of the human psyche of people who feel lost and frightened.Schizophrenia - acoustic version by AnnetteV

If you are Dutch and you need to know more you can contact www.Anoiksis.nl
A very interesting website is the site of Joost: www.psychoseanders.nl
Nomad Remix -schizophrenia (original AnnetteV)

vogelannette@yahoo.com

This one is to you RONALD !  en nu.. hop naar bed ! 

2 opmerkingen:

Translate