vrijdag 14 december 2012

Shining Guys in Café Barco


Unfortunallity, the evening started with a  disagreement with Mick about the participation of Arjen, the cajun player. I can't tell right now what was going on exactly, but this fight made me feel real bad.   I tried to get out of the tension I felt but I failed completely.
Before we started  there was already a group of people who were yelling and screaming. I can tell you, it's hard to play your songs if people scream that loud. They were flute students of the Conservatory of Amsterdam and they just had a concert, one of them told me. I think it's rude to think that one only should be quiet when classical music is played. I mean, Paul van Dijk, de organisator of the gigs in Barco asked them politely to be quiet because of the performances of the singersongwriters.They didn't even notice him. I didn't feel that strong to ask them to be more quiet, but, well, on the other hand, who am I to judge and think that all people should shut up when Annette Vogel opens her mouth :) Actually I don't mind if people are talking and having a good time when I am playing my songs, but this group was really too loud for me.
So before I started playing, I knew there was a problem here and I tried to play my songs as good as possible. In the second set I made a lot of mistakes and finally I left the ship  with a bad feeling. Thank God I have to cycle half an hour to get home so while I was cycling I became quiet and started thinking about the good things:
1.  There were two Shining Guys in the audience and I am so happy they came to listen, because they brought  a very positive energy with them.These two guys listened all night to the singersongwriters who were playing last night in café Barco.
2. Another good thing was that the owner of the bar took a seat for a while. It was kind of relaxing seeing him listening and watching my performance and the performances of the other musicians. I think he could affort relaxing because Esmee was working this night and she is such a nice helpfull and beautiful lady ( actually she is an actrice.Esmee ) so...
3. Esmee was working that night at Barco.
nice shining guys in the audience

owner of the bar, listening and musing
Esmee




Simon Kempston
4.Danielle played her songs pretty well  and when she was done 5. ...a guy called Simon started to sing his songs. I liked the guy, I liked his voice and his fingerpickingstyle and especially I liked how he sat down quietly next to his cd's waiting all night for his turn. Before I met him I had watched his vids on youtube and I was curious how he was gonna play this night and he did a good job.
Danalyze

Paul van Dijk
dinner at Barco
6. Just before I left Mick told me it was allright to play again in Barco because Paul had finally put the sound of his bassguitar louder.
7. Frank Fanille passed by and I always like that.

Me and Mick playing at Barco
So here are at least 7 points of a positive view of the performance last night. Still I got not much energy and I am not sure what 's gonna happen next with me, Mick and Arjen...

NOTE: 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate