donderdag 5 mei 2011

The Children Pop Group (De Kinderpopband)

One night I was singing in a pub some Irish songs and then I met a man called Dana. He liked my singing and he sent me to another bar. This was 'Willy's Bar', a cheap restaurants where students could have a simple but good meal. The restaurant was very populair and the owner invited me to sing there every Thursday night, while the students had their meal.
Now the man who sent me to Willy's had a little daughter. I told him about my plans to make popmusic with some children. I already had found a 10 years old drummer and a pianist. Dana sent his daughter Danielle to me and so I found three very good young musicians to play some blues with. They soon were on a local radio and in the newspaper.
I met Bram when he was only 9 ( picture on the right). On the left picture he is 12. Behind him a 12 years old bass-player.

Lotte and Rosa on saxes, Lester on drums, Judy guitars, Sandra, Anna singing.

The band became very succesfull. We rehearsed every Thursday afternoon in a dark basement.
Nina on keyboards

I have seen many talented children and I hope they still making music nowadays. It was great to meet them and to teach how they could play together in a popband.

Kinderpopband Groningen o.l.v. Annette Vogel


Tjitse (12) en Rob (13)

Rune (10), Tjaard (12), keyboards: Hanneke (11) and Wilfred (11)


Anna (9), Kasja (11), Ruby (11), peforming Live Radio

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate