vrijdag 6 mei 2011

up to date

This year, 2011,  I met Dana again. He is a friend from Groningen and he was the man who sent me once to Willy's bar, where I sang every week. He also helped managing the band Scarlett.
When I met Dana again he told me he was kind of dissapointed I quit singing my songs. I told him I didn't hardly play music anymore, and singing with my guitar was already 12 years ago. I told him I have nothing to give. Then he reacted a bit shocked and I started to think about this 'giving part'.
You might not agree with me, but I really didn't believe that musicians who tell the world they want to give and share and make people happy were telling the truth. I believed making music is just to express yourself . There are lots of people who die to get some attention for the way they express themselves. Well, actually there's nothing wrong with that. I am just doing the same thing all the time. The giving part lies in the fact somebody might recognize himself in a certain kind of music and that might give  good feelings or vibrations. When I took this conclusion I decided to buy a camera and sing for the camera. I hardly couldn't stop singing after twelve years so I have uploaded over 30 videos now. I hope there might be some people who like it and if not, that's allright. Me, myself I find sometimes some clips on youtube which make me laugh and happy.
When I started to sing again in januari 2011 for the camera I met an old neighbour and I asked him if he would like to play bass and enjoy me. His name is Frank and he said yes. We rehearsed at my house and on Queens Day we had our first performance. We only do original songs. The songs were played by Scarlett, but I tried to rewrite them a bit so I could play them with Frank.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Wonderful statement!
    You really did (and do) a lot of cool and great things in your life!

    John Mosquitos

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thanks ! However, you seems to me very familiair...Gianni :))

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. So first, you have to select profile and click the button 'example'?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Translate