donderdag 5 mei 2011

Musical Jobs

I knew what I wanted: to get a good music education at the Conservatory in Groningen. But I was not ready for it. I started to develope myself as a music teacher. My singing teacher gave the advice to give singinglessons myself. Why not do that ? I understood clearly how it worked: Take A Deep Breath And Make Sound.
I taught many people the possiblitys of using their voice, but most important thing I thought was one should feel free. Now there are two sorts of musicteachers: first, the teacher itself is an excellent musician and all you should do is imitate. Second: the teacher is not such a good musician, but he knows where the difficulties lie and he is damn good at explaining how to solve them. Well, I belong to the last type. What you see on the picture is some of my pupils. Once a year I let them sing for each others and we had a good time together.

I also started to teach children at a primaryschool. I only taught music and I worked with children from 10 to 13 years old. I played the blues and I let them sing. One day I took some of them for a performance on the 5th of May, when we celebrate Freedom.

I started to give music workshops for children and later on I worked with some of them when they grew a bit older.
Ofcourse I didn't make that much money to live from my musical activities, so I also had to do some other jobs like working in a restaurant and cleaning houses of old people and companies. I had a very busy life, especially when I started the Kinderpopband.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Translate